Friday, May 2, 2008

And..its alive again! Hello Shanghai!

Hello indeed...
Ive arrived safely in the land of 1 billion. And on labour day, it is apparent that that population static is absolutely true.

I guess im not new to the shoving and the pushing and the loud talking, as I had similar experiences in Qingdao. But this, is shoving, pushing and loud talking at a MASS level. And I will explain why.

So yesterday after my very kind housemate Ryan patiently took me to buy all the necessities like towels and bedsheets, we took the metro to meet some other SMU interns. When we arrived at our stop and the doors opened, instead of letting us get out first, the people outside immediately tried to push their way in. It was like a rugby scrum that I was unwillingly being roped into. And when I finally pushed my way out in one piece, I didnt know whether to laugh or to be pissed off. I mean, dont they get it? When a glass is full, doesnt matter mow much more water you pour into it, the glass just cant contain more and the excess water will just flow out. So my dear chinese people, why wont you let us out so more of you guys can enter huh?

Pretty cool so far.. but been a lil missing the people at home. My house is quiet n pretty empty. need to change that... Alrighty. People reading this, drop a msg please? Window works both ways!

No comments: