Monday, September 3, 2007

Aloha Hawaii


Alohaa! Im now on the big Island, Honolulu 10 mins away from Waikiki Beach. Was at the beach a while ago...my goodness...the beach, postcard picture perfect. The sea was every shade of blue, the waves very pretty, and there were like 1 million people sunbathing, surfing, playing in the water.

After that I went on the Makani Catamaran.I absolutely love cats...was hoping to see some dolphins..but no such luck. Saw a sea turtle at the surface tho. Beautiful day to be out at sea.

Of course, made friends with the captain. Apparantly the Cat I was on, is the fastest craft in its class in the whole of Hawaii. And the captain built it himself with 25 other people in the carribean. And after it was built, he sailed it to Hawaii. If only I knew how to build boats...He said if I came back next summer, I'd have a job for me on the cat. How cool is THAT. A job waiting for me in Hawaii...how many people can say that! Although I think he was half serious...but still.

The people of Hawaii are amazingly friendly, helpful and nice. Although its an American state, most of the people here look asian. And there are tonnes of Japanese tourists and residents. Some are Maori looking and some look Phillippina.

Ok pretty surface observations I know. But I hardly have 12 hrs here. I really wish we could stay here longer. Some people I met on the Cat said North Shore has the best beaches...IF only I had one more day!

Well at least I have an excuse to come back! Back to the boat in 3 hrs! Will post the boat pictures next time..forgot to bring my thumbdrive.

Next stop - Japan....!

No comments: